Wednesday, March 30, 2011

"What Happened To My Sex Drive?"

By a landslide, most of the questions I get have to do with the loss of sex drive. "I am still attracted to my husband, but I'm never in the mood. Could this be a medical problem?" one reader asks. "Since having my second child, my sex drive has disappeared. Sometimes I suck it up and do it for my husband's sake, but I stay dry and it hurts," reports another reader. Another concern: "My husband doesn't initiate sex anymore, and I feel awkward doing it."

Loss of sexual desire can happen at any age, even if you're totally attracted to your partner. If you've been married a long time, simple boredom can take its toll. This is natural — who wants to eat the same meal every day? So work a little to add the spark back. Check into a hotel, take a bubble bath together, or cut some strategic holes into an old T-shirt of his and wear it to bed. Medications like birth control pills and antidepressants can also kill libido, as can stress, depression, and anxiety and conditions like hypertension, diabetes, and thyroid disease. If you think any of these libido-busters are a culprit for you, talk to your doctor.
Read more »»

0 comments: