Friday, January 29, 2010

Rihanna's 6-Year-Old "Angel on Earth" Loses Leukemia Battle

Not all inspirational stories have a happy ending.
Rihanna is mourning the death of 6-year-old Jasmina Anema, a cancer patient who, with the singer's help, underwent a successful bone marrow transplant last year.
Jasmina died last night, barely 13 months after being diagnosed with a particularly aggressive and rare form of leukemia.

"I am incredibly heartbroken that Jasmina has passed away," Rihanna said in a statement today. "She was such a brave and special child. She showed more strength and spirit than many adults I have met. I feel blessed that I was able to have her in my life, and know that through her example she has saved many lives. She was truly an angel on earth."
Keep Reading »

0 comments: