Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Mercedes improvements can propel me to the F1 title, says Lewis Hamilton




Lewis Hamilton roared ‘I can still be champ’ but admitted Sebastian Vettel may be too strong to beat at Silverstone after his runaway Montreal victory.
The German is 36 points clear of the rest and 55 clear of the Mercedes ace in fourth ahead of the Santander British Grand Prix in three weeks time.
“I didn’t leave Montreal thinking I’m going to Silverstone with the possibility of winning,” said Hamilton. “Vettel was pulling away from me at a second per lap in Montreal.
“We’re not going to gain a second before the next race. But we can definitely beat the rest.
“As for the championship there are still 12 races left. It’s not impossible. But we need to make another big step with the car.
“His pace is not demoralising at all. I’m much stronger than that. He has had a car like that for years and is still doing the same thing.
“But we are coming up fast and Nico beat him in Monaco so it can be done. I want to give the British fans a good result for sure.”

0 comments: